ABOUT ES BROADCAST
ES Broadcast is a leading provider of equipment sales, equipment rental and systems integration services to the professional broadcast industry, as well as to the live events, esports, corporate and government sectors. The company is part of the ES Media Group, which also includes divisions in the cinema equipment rental (Film Store Rental) and library migration and content services (Memnon/LMH) industries. The HR function provides services to all companies across the ES Media Group in UK, Europe, New Zealand and USA.
ES Broadcast Hire are looking for a Broadcast Engineer to join their Watford operations team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Broadcast Engineer will perform a variety of responsibilities ensuring all hireable equipment is in optimal condition through maintenance and corrective action regimes whilst offering technical support to our clients. The role will require the individual to have a good work ethic with exceptional attention to detail. The role is in a fast-paced environment, so will require the ability to react to a constantly changing brief. There is an element of on-call working to support our clients
Duties and Key Accountabilities
- Technically testing and quality checking of inbound (off hire) broadcast hire equipment.
- Preventative maintenance and servicing of all broadcast equipment.
- Diagnosing and repairing (where necessary) faulty equipment, including ordering parts.
- Liaising with manufacturers for warranty repairs.
- Diagnosing and reporting on equipment beyond economical repair.
- Reporting chargeable damages to the commercial team.
- Ensuring all equipment has the latest software or firmware versions and registering updates on the inventory control system
- Ensuring all equipment carries relevant certification, including PAT.
- Repairing, maintaining, and assembling all cabling including Fibre Optic cabling.
- Scope, design and deliver a solution to client’s specific requirements.
- Advising clients with technical queries or issues.
- Member of the On-Call rota for out of hours technical support
- Demonstrable experience in broadcast engineering.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be computer-literate and well versed in Microsoft products.
- Effective time management and prioritising skills.
- Demonstrable problem-solving and organisational skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude enabling you to work unsupervised for periods of time.
- Ability to work well with others and build rapport with colleagues.
- Reliable, a good timekeeper with high integrity and strong work ethic.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Ability to build rapport with clients and suppliers
We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.