Crossmedia is the digital division of Crosspoint, an engineering company based in Spain for more than 25 years.
Crossmedia is the link between broadcast and OTT platforms. It is the meeting point and the confluence of Television, Cloud and digital media.
Crosspoint is a leading provider of equipment sales, equipment rental and systems integration services to the professional broadcast industry, as well as live events, e sports, corporate and government sectors.
The company is part of the ES Media Group, which also includes divisions in the cinema equipment rental (Film Store Rental) Broadcast television equipment Sales and Hire (ES Broadcast Sales and ES Broadcast Hire) and library migration and content services (Memnon/LMH) industries.
Crossmedia is the link between broadcast and OTT platforms. It is the point of confluence between television, IP networks and digital media
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a new colleague, based in Spain, Madrid or surroundings.
As our Customer Services Engineer, you will be the specialist of the newest and relevant technologies of the sector, to provide hands-on technical expertise in all aspects of deployment, commissioning, customer training, maintenance, fault-finding and customer support. Part of the job will include participation on the sales process conducting demos, POCs and presentations to the customers as the specialist on the matter.
Another important part of the job will be to act as the project leader when the complexity of a delivery so requires it, keeping track of all the tasks ahead, controlling the quality level according to our standard and guaranteeing the project success.
The primary objective is to become an efficient and effective member of the Customer Service team.
Customer Services Engineer
Crossmedia – Engineering
Business hours, 40 hours per week
Depends on experience and suitability
Technical Head (Crossmedia) – delivering highly competent and effective services, focused on the best solution of the sector, achieving maximum customer satisfaction and furthering the professional image of the company.
DUTIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
● Get specialized in the relevant technologies, specific product lines and systems from issued documentation, participation in trainings at the supplier factory and/or online trainings and certifications. Is expected to take ownership of relevant technologies according to domain or specialization (ex. CDN, Encoding and Packaging, Player, Analytics any other product line as required).
● Interact with customers to meet complex solutions requirements. Build a relationship with the Customers and detect new sales opportunities.
● Provide technical input to the sales team in non-routine sales cases.
● Provide the first level technical, software and hardware related assistance and support to customers, for all specialized products, either by remote diagnosis or directly hands-on the systems.
● Escalate unresolved problems and issues to the relevant third parties.
● Carry out procedures necessary to test, certify and validate systems during the commissioning process.
● Carry out with planned and proactive maintenance at customer site. Execute proactive analysis visits, report and provide suggestions to improve the system’s performance.
● Carry out with advance operational and technical trainings for customers end users.
● Carry out with writing reports, proposals and projects documentation maintenance. ● Carry out with the follow-up and documentation of all services and support assistance delivered, to keep track of all daily task.
● Travel within Spain territory is expected, and it is an essential part of the job.
Some travel to partners and customer sites abroad could be expected, especially within Europe territory.
● Degree in Audio visual and Multimedia Systems Engineering, Computing Science or equivalent.
● IT and computing knowledge. Routing switch and/or AWS certifications are highly valued. ● B2 English level required.
● Previous experience in the broadcast sector required.
● Proven experience as a service delivery and/or customer support engineer.
● Customer focused job. You should always display a proactive approach to solve problems. ● Good understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles.
● Outgoing and good at building relationships through inspiring trust and confidence.
● To have a professional personal image presentation.
● Self-motivation and a willingness to work with others towards a shared goal.
● The ability to contribute to a team effort, yet to accept responsibility for an individual role within the team.
● Be a team builder at all the time, help and support your colleagues when is needed.
● Excel at continual learning in a rapidly advancing technological area. ● Demonstrate project management skills.
● Demonstrate customer engagement skills.
● Demonstrate relevant domain as specialization in typical products lines of the sector (ex. CDN, Encoding, Packaging, Player, Analytics and any other product line as required).
● Good verbal communication skills.
● Ability to work under pressure.
● Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to team members.
● To take responsibility for your own health and safety as necessary.
● To comply with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure as required
● To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times
● The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive
● Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, the company reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description.
We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.