ES Broadcast and Broadcast Hire are industry leaders in the i) the sale of professional broadcast solutions from simply the sale of leading brand equipment to full turn-key solutions including the scoping, designing and installation of equipment into integrated existing and future workflows, and ii) hire of HD and 4K lenses, camera channels, tripods and other equipment you need for live production. The US Company, ES Broadcast, Inc is a subsidiary of ES Media Group, a UK based provider of such services and also the hire of audio/visual equipment to the film and tv industry and a content services business based in the UK/Europe as well as US. These operations have been launched in 2019, with a current physical base in Florida, but with the expectation to significantly grow our business further in the US.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a commercial and experienced Managing Director to join our dynamic, fast-growing business. This is a key role in our business and will report directly into the ES Media Group CEO. As part of the role of US Managing Director, you will primarily work in managing and overseeing the day to day financial, commercial and operational aspects of a business involved in the sale and/or hire of broadcast equipment and related ancillary products as well as a related system’s integration operation which builds studios, outside broadcast vehicles, etc. You will ensure all internal Operations across the US are run and managed effectively. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies and policies to ensure that the organisation will meet the goals determined by the ES Media Group Board. The US Managing Director will monitor the organisation’s performance and report to ES Media Group.
DUTIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Overall responsibility for managing and overseeing the sales and hire operations in US.
- Responsibility and management over a US based senior management team including SVP for Sales and System Integration and Director of Engineering
- Responsible for developing and implementing a clear commercial vision, strategy, recruitment process and objectives for the business; directing the organisation in line with the goals and visions set by Group/board of Directors
- Lead on day-to-day operations of all Sales/hire activities with the US team and delegate where necessary
- Ensuring all aspects of processed sales are carried out in an innovative, profitable and efficient manner, while taking any feedback, from periodic contact with clients, to improve service and efficiency; liaise with clients to resolve issues & manage remedials where necessary
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget to agreed specification
- A strong role model with demonstrable experience in successfully leading and mentoring a team to hitting/exceeding operational targets and building diverse teams with a focus on inclusion
- Research and implement new ways of working to improve efficiency and maintain costs
- Work closely with the US content services operation and ES Media Group sales teams to help develop a clear strategy
- Ensuring CRM and stock management systems are continuously managed and kept current; maintain overview of local stock holdings and work with Sales team to deal with aged stock
- Liaise and negotiate, with support from US and UK management teams, with suppliers, manufacturers, resellers and end-user clients.
- Regularly conduct performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching, and setting challenging goals to improve partner performance
- Strong past commercial experience, driving a sales function ideally in the broadcast industry and connections within and market awareness of a varied array of verticals including cultural, corporate and sports.
- A proven track record of building and developing a robust, results-driven commercial team with a clear structure.
- Financially literate with experience of managing projects and resources in line with budgets; proven experience of successful budgeting management and working with Group CFOO and Finance teams
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience in transformational change
- Dynamic and able to move with the times within a fast-paced growing company in a fast-changing industry
- Technical awareness within the industry
- Ability to build strong relationships across the industry, with key stakeholders and management team across the ES Media Group; Implement strategies to meet organisations/ Group goals
- Excellent communication skills, innovative and forward-thinking approach to building a business
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Experience in working alongside a senior leadership team across the group and board of directors is essential
- Driven by results, making continuous improvements, and enjoy creating and cultivating a team environment
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety as necessary
- To comply with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure as required
- To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times
- The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive
- Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, the company reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description