Memnon Archiving Services SA (“Memnon”) is built around content preservation, servicing and monetisation. Through a combination of industry expertise and technical excellence, we manage our clients’ most significant media assets across the content lifecycle. By making media collections and libraries accessible, discoverable and usable, we empower organisations to tell stories and drive value from their content.
Memnon is part of the ES Media Group, a specialist supplier of end-to-end services for the professional broadcast and production industries, encompassing broadcast equipment sales and rental, broadcast systems integration, production equipment rental and media services.
If you are interested in starting a career in the media industry, we encourage you to apply for this Trainee QC Operator position. You will be working with large UK broadcasters to gain a valuable insight into the industry. No prior experience is required, but basic knowledge of video and audio formats is preferred. We offer on-the-job training and opportunities for growth within the company. Apply now and join our team!
The purpose of this role is to control media files to assess the specifications of the client are met. You will be responsible for reporting the reasons of either a pass or fail and keeping accurate records.
DUTIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Working within a team, but able to work isolated. • Quality check client files to ensure specifications and quality are ensured.
• Reporting on each file and escalating when needed to resolve issues. • Managing own timetable to meet daily targets.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
9am to 6pm
ONE YEAR – Fixed Term Contract
• Experience with IT software, including strong Microsoft skills. • Computer literacy.
• A professional attitude to work and colleagues
• To take responsibility for your own health and safety as necessary
• To comply with the company’s disciplinary and grievance procedure as required
• To comply with the company’s policies and procedures at all times
• The post holder will be required to undertake such other duties as may be required within the grade and competence of the post. Therefore, the list of duties in this job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive
• Duties are set out in this job description but please note that, in consultation with the post holder, the company reserves the right to update the job description from time to time to reflect changes in or to the role. Significant permanent changes in duties and responsibilities will require agreed revisions to be made to this job description
We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce and recruitment and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
Due to the high level of applications being received, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion, usually due to other candidates having more relevant sector exposure, qualifications or required skills. We thank you for your interest.